The statistics and trends are clear: mobile e-commerce is becoming an important part of online e-commerce.
- Nearly 42 percent of all U.S. mobile subscribers now use smartphones, along with 44.0 percent of mobile users across the EU5 (comprised of France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK). Comscore.com
- At the end of 2011, nearly 1 in 5 smartphone users scanned product barcodes and nearly 1 in 8 compared prices on their phone while in a store. Comscore.com
- Final 2011 Christmas Push Propels U.S. Online Holiday Spending to $35.3 Billion, Up 15 Percent Versus Last Year Comscore.com
- The average mobile commerce purchase was $123 (vs. $87 for purchases from desktop PCs). Smartphone buyers spend more money! more Mobile Ecommerce stats
- 2012 Black Friday iPhone traffic grew 62 percent this year from 5.4 percent market share last year to 8.7 percent this year. Android device traffic grew 36 percent this year from a 4.0 percent market share last year to 5.4 percent this year.
So ask yourself: How easy it is for a mobile consumer to visit my Zen Cart website and convert a sale? The answer is immediately clear: not so easy.
This mobile Zen Cart is optimized for mobile devices: some features and/or admin controls have been removed. Many things no longer dependent on your admin settings so that both your present cart and your mobile Zen Cart will display as intended.
Done with jQuery mobile, this mobile Zen Cart template uses HTML5 and CSS3 to create a nice application-like cart with no images for the design, thus reducing page load time. jQuery mobile has broad support for phones and mobile devices. It looks super on the iPhone and iPad (those buyers who spend more) and much easier to navigate and view on smartphones and tablets. Read more about the supported platforms here.
jQuery mobile has broad support for phones and mobile devices. Read more about the supported platforms here.
The requirements are simple:
1. Zen Cart 1.3.9h or 1.5
2. Enough quota/space on your hosting for another installation of Zen Cart
3. IonCube loaders on your server or the ability to install
Full instructions for installation and configuration is included in the package but you may also purchase installation as well. Since this does not rely on your existing cart, it doesn't matter how highly modified your cart is or how well your overrides are done. This will work and installation does not require any modification of existing files with one exception if you want a message about mobiles in your present cart.
Working demo: mzencart.com