What makes a good Zen Cart template besides the fact that it looks good?
- Overrides done properly and only for changed template files.
- Use of default stylesheet.css. New divs and classes only added where necessary.
- Use of the full default templates - changes only made for layout of elements.
- All features included but turned off in admin when desired. You lose no functionality.
- Full explanation of admin configuration changes.
- Use of css in lieu of images as much as possible to keep page load time down.
- Use of CSS buttons again to keep load time down and make changing the text on those buttons easier. No graphics means no need for image editing.
- Use of additional standard Zen Cart mods for good e-commerce processes, layout and information. (such as a Twitter sidebox, secure sidebox, and Facebook like button)
- Use of most recent Zen Cart Version